I hope you had a great holiday season. I wanted to bring to your attention the new design of The Passive Income Earner. It’s the same great content with a new look! I hope you like it. I love feedback too so drop me a note in the comments or personally.
New Design Goals
- More Customizable Content (I am a programmer by trade and finally got my hands dirty in the code)
- Featured Content Promotion – Lots of great content is often hidden and I can keep it surfaced now
- Better Integration of Social Share in the posts and main page
- Easier Access to Follow Me – I know you don’t want to miss anything
- Simpler theme and faster loading (I need less plugins) so it’s better for all my mobile readers
Since everyone loves to here about my dividend income, I have made it an up front focus too. It’s right there on the top right and you cannot miss it.
Start Here Page
I am also working on a start here page. It’s hard to always go back to the basics when I write but it’s important to share that information for all the new readers. My newsletter is setup to help new readers but I believe a start here page would help. Do me a favor and let me know what you think would have helped you.
As a post teaser, you can also find my orange key in the side bar for ING Direct. I finally got setup. (insert more fireworks) I’ll have a post outlining my money flow really soon and how I am avoiding paying $12.95 a month at Scotia Bank. I had to make a change : $13 * 12 = $156 per year. I am currently in the middle of moving my pay deposit. Interestingly enough, in a past survey (included below) I found out that many hold the minimum balance to avoid fees but I don’t like having dormant money in an account. Sure you save money, but that money should be making you money – not the bank!
Readers: What do you think of the new look?
“Image courtesy of noppasinw / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”.