As an investor, you need information and good tools. Below is a list of tools and information I use. Some are affiliate products from which I earn a little money and I thank you for your support if you choose to use them as well.
Best Discount Broker
Questrade is the best platform to get started with investing and taking control of your investments and retirement goals. It’s one of the cheapest platform for trades and you can also trade Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) for free.
Technical trends can help assess the entry point for a purchase or the sell point to take a profit. Luckily, there is a service (free of charge) such as ino.com that can notify you of technical trends. It’s FREE and you can cancel at any time – what have you got to lose? Give it a try.
When a trend is worth sharing, you get an email highlighting the trend for the selected stocks. Be sure to prefix any Canadian stocks with TSE_ for the TSX.
The Single Best Investment
Learning about investing can be daunting at first but it’s really about learning step by step. When broken down, it becomes easier and everyone can do it. The Single Best Investment: Creating Wealth with Dividend Growth is a FREE book you can get in a pdf form to learn about dividend investing and why it’s so great!
Don’t miss out on identifying why it’s a worthy strategy and what compound growth can do for you over time.
The Successful Investor Newsletter
Pat McKeough is the man behind the TSI newsletter and and TSI Network website. I have found the newsletter to be useful in learning about new companies. For anyone starting, I think it’s a valuable newsletter.
If you are more advanced and have a process, you can look into his other newsletter as he offers a number of newsletters.
Dividend Stocks Rock
This subscription service provided by Dividend Stocks Rock offers DYI investors model portfolios to execute against. Whether you are starting or have a large amount to invest, the model portfolios should have you covered. Both Canadian and American investors can feel taken care of with full portfolio coverage along with a monthly newsletter with stock highlights.
If you are interested in US Dividend Aristocrats stocks, Sure Dividends provides a newsletter with solid content on the aristocrats. His blog
Even if you are not investing in US companies, be sure to check out his 8 Rules of Dividend Investing.
- Dividend Tracker – As explained in my How To posts. A few spreadsheet to track dividend income and stocks.
- Income Tax Stock ACB – Track the ACB of a stock for capital gains / loss
DRiP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan)
- Canadian DRiP List with all the details you need to track Canadian companies paying dividends with re-investment plans.
- The DRiP Investing Resource Center is a very useful websit with forums to get started with the full DRiPing system.
Transfer Agents for DRiPing
Tracking the Analysts
- Business News Nework. It’s a TV station and it has a website where you can watch many of their segments from the day and past days. What is interesting about BNN is that they have guest speakers who invest for their firms in different sectors and they come on the show to share information and strategies.
- Stock Chase. It’s a web site that tracks what the experts are saying. It reports what the analysts’ preferences on some companies are. You can subscribe for daily emails too.
- Bank Discount Brokers. Any of the discount brokers associated with a major bank such as TD, Scotia Bank and others will provide daily and weekly reports from their research team. There is a lot of details in those reports if you can get your hands on them.
- Historical mortgage rates at CanEquity.com.
- Mortgage rates comparison at CanadaMortgage.com.
- Mortgage calculators at the Office of Consumer Affairs.