Dividend Achievers are dividend growth stocks with at least 10 years of dividend growth behind them. It’s the first step in building your master stock list and finding a solid dividend growth stocks.
On the US stock market, there are 3 groups distinctly tracked:
- Dividend Kings with 50+ years of dividend growth
- Dividend Aristocrats with 25+ years of dividend growth
- Dividend Achievers with 10+ years of dividend growth
The primary criteria to be on any of those list is increasing dividend annually. The amount of growth is not important with the filter to be included. One cent will keep you going and that’s why you want to look into the companies further after they make it onto these lists.
On the Canadian front, there is only one list officially tracked but I intend to show who is a Canadian Dividend Achiever.
- Canadian Dividend Achievers with 10+ years of dividend growth
- Canadian Dividend Aristocrats with 5+ years of dividend growth
Use the List to Select Stocks
When investing, you have to narrow down your choice to one stock before making a purchase. The best investors such as Warren Buffett have a process to select stocks. These list can be your first step in narrowing down your selection.
- Have clear investing rules – see my 7 Investing Rules
- Make a list of stocks matching your investing criteria
- Don’t go to narrow at first, otherwise you can miss an opportunity
- See the Canadian Dividend Performance List
- Identify what your portfolio needs
- How many stocks do you hold? Are you building an index?
- Pick a few options
- Research the few options further to select one
Canadian Dividend Achievers
Below is the list of all the Canadian Dividend Achievers stocks (excluding REITs and small cap stocks). The list presents you with 35 companies. That’s half the Dividend Aristocrats list and just a little more than the 10-10 stock list.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici – FreeDigitalPhotos.net