One of my rules is to hold 40 or fewer stocks in my portfolio to ensure I can stay on top of my holdings. To better understand my strategy, you need to read my 7 investing rules and leverage my dividend growth stock selection process. All in all, it has provided me with a portfolio that can beat the index and in retirement, my knowledge of dividend investing will allow me to draw dividend income rather than burn through my hard earned capital.
Canadian Stock Portfolio
When it comes to choosing a Canadian stock, the list of companies matching my investing criteria will mostly be Canadian Dividend Achievers with a 10% CARG dividend growth. However, with some sectors, it can be difficult to find a match and I have to vary my approach and selection.
Enbridge Income Fund Holdings Inc
US Stock Portfolio
The list of stocks matching my investing criteria will mostly be US Dividend Aristocrats with the exception of the technology sector. That sector is relatively recent to fulfill the requirements for a US Dividend Aristocrat.
Johnson & Johnson
Kimberly Clark Corp
Procter & Gamble Co
The Coca-Cola Co
Cardinal Health Inc
Stock Portfolio by Numbers
The below portfolio is updated automatically as I update my local spreadsheet. It’s categorized in multiple ways. As a cautionary note, all US holdings are held within the RRSP account as it is more tax efficient for dividends.
Historical Stock Transactions
Below is a list of transactions I have made starting in 2017.
- Sold Suncor to reduce my exposure to the energy sector. The funds will be used to increase my industrial position TSE:SUMarket Trend.
- Reduced utility sector percentage by selling some Brookfield Infrastructure Partner TSE:BIP.UNNYSE:BIPMarket Trend.
- Increased financial sector percentage by adding more Toronto-Dominion TSE:TDNYSE:TD Market Trend.
- Added to the financial sector by increasing my position in Visa NYSE:VMarket Trend.
- Added to the technology sector by increasing my position in Apple NASDAQ:AAPLMarket Trend.
- Added to the healthcare sector by increasing my position in Cardinal Health NYSE:CAHMarket Trend.
- Added to the consumer defensive sector by increasing my position in Kimberley-Clark NYSE:KMBMarket Trend.
- Added to the consumer defensive sector by increasing my position in Saputo TSE:SAPMarket Trend.
- TD Bank TSE:TDNYSE:TD saw more money added to the account making it my 6th largest holding.
- EnbridgeTSE:ENBNYSE:ENB saw some money added to top up the energy sector making it my 3rd largest holding.
- Kimberley-ClarkNYSE:KMB also had an increase of fund making for the consumer defensive sector.
- Cardinal Health NYSE:CAH is a new addition to the healthcare sector.
- Sold Canadian Utilities TSE:CU in my TFSA
- Purchased Brookefield Infrastructure Partners TSE:BIP.UN in my TFSA
- Purchased TD Bank TSE:TDNYSE:TD in my RESP account
- Added to Telus TSE:TNYSE:TU in my TFSA account