As an investor, you need information and good tools. Below is a list of tools and information I use. Some are affiliate products from which I earn a little money and I thank you for your support if you choose to use them as well.
Stock Research Tools
Best Discount Broker
Questrade is the best discount broker to get started with investing and taking control of your investments and retirement goals. It’s one of the cheapest platform for trades and you can also trade Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) for free.
Technical trends can help assess the entry point for a purchase or the selling point to take a profit. Luckily, there is a service (free of charge) such as ino.com that can notify you of technical trends. It’s FREE and you can cancel at any time – what have you got to lose? Give it a try.
When a trend is worth sharing, you get an email highlighting the trend for the selected stocks. Be sure to prefix any Canadian stocks with TSE_ for the TSX.
The Single Best Investment
Learning about investing can be daunting at first but it’s really about learning step by step. When broken down, it becomes easier and everyone can do it. The Single Best Investment: Creating Wealth with Dividend Growth is a FREE book you can get in a pdf form to learn about dividend investing and why it’s so great!
Don’t miss out on identifying why it’s a worthy strategy and what compound growth can do for you over time.
- Dividend Tracker – As explained in my How To posts. A few spreadsheet to track dividend income and stocks.
DRiP (Dividend Reinvestment Plan)
- Canadian DRiP List with all the details you need to track Canadian companies paying dividends with re-investment plans.
- The DRiP Investing Resource Center is a very useful website with forums to get started with the full DRiPing system.
Transfer Agents for DRiPing
Tracking the Analysts
- Business News Network. It’s a TV station and it has a website where you can watch many of their segments from the day and past days. What is interesting about BNN is that they have guest speakers who invest for their firms in different sectors and they come on the show to share information and strategies.
- Stock Chase. It’s a website that tracks what the experts are saying. It reports what the analysts’ preferences on some companies are. You can subscribe for daily emails too.
- Bank Discount Brokers. Any of the discount brokers associated with a major bank such as TD, Scotia Bank and others will provide daily and weekly reports from their research team. There is a lot of details in those reports if you can get your hands on them.
- TaxTips.ca is a website that covers income taxes in Canada.